1. Application of Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all persons and/or entities who have created a user account (“you”) on the website www.laurelleafnetworking.com (“site”) as operated by Laurel Alper (“we” or “us”). By creating a user account, advertising on our site or by submitting an article for publication on our site, you agree to the following terms and conditions and that these prevail over any other terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions include non-members who use our additional services.
2. User Accounts
- In order to list your business on, advertise on or submit articles to our site you must create a user account. Creation of a user account is £52.00 per annum (Leaf Membership) or £152.00 per annum (Petal Membership). You must keep your password for our site safe and secure and operate your user account in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You may also request Additional Services such as banner advertising, advertising events on the site and submit Blog Articles for publication on the site. Blog Articles are published at the discretion of The Editor and The Editor’s decision is final. Correspondence will not be entered into.
3. The Directory Listing provides the following services:
- A listing of your company or business name, telephone number, the region and country in which you are located and your website address (you are only permitted to list one company or business and one website per entry). Adding a photograph is strongly advised to enable social media platforms to pick your business listing from the directory.
- You can add up to 10 keywords for inclusion in the simple category searches performed by users of our site.
- Petal Membership includes the additional service of 3 social media promotions across our platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Linked 3 times per week for for the annual duration of your membership. Petal membership also includes up to 1 hour’s free legal advice on any new legal matter.
- We may at our absolute discretion refuse a user account or any type of listing package to any person or entity and we shall not be obliged to state our reasons for such refusal. We will refuse the creation of a user account if the account conflicts with the interests, reputation or goodwill of this Directory.
- See Additional Services below
4. Term of user accounts and listing packages
- User accounts shall continue unless they are terminated (at the end of the membership year by member) or unless our T&C’s are violated, in which case, LLN reserves the right to terminate membership.
- Membership shall commence from the date on which full payment is received by us and shall continue for a period of 1 year.
5. Fees and payment
- The fee for membership shall be as set out on our site at the time that you make payment for entry to the directory. This fee is subject to change at the time of renewal.
- The fees for Additional Services shall be as set out on our site at the time that you make payment. These fees may change from time to time.
- All fees are exclusive of UK Value Added Tax or any applicable sales tax in any jurisdiction unless specified otherwise on our site. Fees are also exclusive of all taxes, duties and levies of any kind (including withholding tax) which for the avoidance of doubt, you shall be liable to pay.
- Payment for all fees is via the PayPal payment gateway and we accept all major credit and debit cards.
- All fees are quoted in pounds sterling and currency exchange settlements will be as provided by PayPal and your financial institution.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Upgrades to a Petal Membership cannot be downgraded to a Leaf Membership.
- You can terminate your membership at any time, no refund of any fee will be provided on termination. Upon cancellation, your directory entry will be removed.
- If you choose to cancel your membership at the end of the membership term, you must advise Laurel Leaf Networking within 7 days of our email renewal notification. If you fail to inform us of said cancellation, payment will be automatically taken and cannot be refunded. You will not be able to cancel your membership if payment is taken until the end of the membership year.
- You can upgrade from Leaf Membership to Petal Membership at any time, payment is calculated pro rata.
7. Cancellation of Banner Advertising and Events Calendar
- You can cancel your Banner Advertisement or entry to the Events Calendar at any time after payment. Upon cancellation no refund will be provided. Your Banner Advertisement or entry to the Events Calendar will be removed within 48 hours.
8. Termination of User Account
- We may terminate your user account and the agreement between us without notice and without any liability to make any refund or other payment to you in the following circumstances:
- You are in our opinion transmitting or otherwise connected with any ‘spam’ or any other form of unsolicited bulk email or communication;
- Your user account, business listing, banner advertisement or event calendar entry may in our reasonable opinion adversely affect our goodwill or reputation; or
- You or we cease to carry on business, are declared bankrupt or enter into an insolvency or administration procedure.
- You can terminate your account at any time. We do not offer refunds.
9. Consequences of termination
- Upon termination of the agreement between us, your right to use the directory on our site shall immediately cease. We have no obligation to maintain any of your posted content, Additional Services, Articles or any content within your listing.
- Any termination of the agreement between us shall not affect any rights or liabilities that have accrued to us prior to such termination.
10. Additional Services
- Additional Services such as banner advertising or event advertising on our site, blogs and having your photo or video displayed on our site home are described on our site and may change from time to time. Additional Services are limited in number and will be accepted on a first come first served basis. We accept no liability for Additional Services not being available.
- Advertisements purchased as Additional Services shall be in the size, format and location specified on our site at the time you make payment or in such similar location as we in our absolute discretion determine and shall be displayed on our site for the period of time specified on our site at the time you make payment.
- You warrant that your advertisement complies with all applicable law and regulation (including self regulation such as the CAP Code) and you shall indemnify us for any loss, damage or other liability that we may suffer as a result of you breaching this condition.
- We may in relation to Additional Services provide specifications as to the materials to be provided by you in order for us to fulfil the delivery of such Additional Services. If you do not provide the specified materials in the manner and form specified within the time period stated, we shall not be obliged to fulfil the delivery of such Additional Service and no refund shall be made in relation to your payment for such Additional Services.
- We may reject in our absolute discretion any materials submitted in relation to Additional Services and may request you to provide amended or additional materials.
- If you decide to withdraw your advertisement for any reason, we shall not be obliged to provide you with a refund.
- We do not guarantee or make any representation or warranty as to the outcome (such as response levels to advertisements) of your purchase of any Additional Service.
- All advertising content is subject to our approval and we reserve the right to reject or cancel any advertisement that we deem to be unsuitable for any reason.
- We accept no liability for any errors in any advertisements (or for errors in any content on our site).
- SEO free 30 minute appraisal when joining the directory. This is a complimentary and advisory service. Laurel Leaf Networking has no legal or financial responsibility, in contract, tort or otherwise, for any losses you suffer as a direct or indirect result of any advice sought.
- We Get Digital require reasonable admin access to clients’ websites and social media channels. Clients must ensure they have a suitable management backup and restore system in place for their website. We Get Digital do not tie clients into a fixed time for SEO plans but do require a full 30 days notice of cancellation of any plans or full monthly fee will apply.
We Get Digital do not guarantee or make any promises regarding SEO as genuine SEO is not a quick or predictable activity.
- Stephanie Kleyman & Co offer Petal members up to 1 hours free advice on any new legal matter. This is a complimentary and advisory service and can be withdrawn at any time. Laurel Leaf Networking has no legal or financial responsibility, in contract, tort or otherwise, for any losses you suffer as a direct or indirect result of any advice sought.
- We may in our absolute discretion accept Articles (including all text, information, images, audio or video material in whatever medium or form we choose to accept) from you for publication on our site.
- If we accept an Article from you for publication on our site, you grant to us a non-exclusive licence to distribute the Article on the site and such other media as we shall decide, in return for crediting you for the Article.
- The licence granted under this condition permits us to:
- Modify, electronically reproduce and distribute, and publicly display the Article on the site (including packaging the Article with other Articles from third parties); and
- Reproduce and distribute through any media now known, or hereafter developed, excerpts of the Article in advertisements for, and in marketing and promotional materials related to, the site.
- If you submit an Article to our site, you shall be responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the Article.
- We have no obligation to you, and undertake no responsibility, to review the Article to determine whether any such Article may result in any liability to any third party.
- If we believe that any Article may create any liability for us or adversely affect the site’s reputation or standing, we may remove the Article or such part of the Article as we believe, in our sole discretion, is prudent or necessary to minimise or eliminate our potential liability.
- We do not undertake to distribute or display the Article on the site or otherwise make use of it, nor do we undertake that the site will be operational at all times.
12. Intellectual Property
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in all of the material published on it. The site and such materials are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and we reserve all such rights
- You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free licence to use all or any of your intellectual property rights in any materials, advertisements or content submitted or shown on our site.
- You shall, at all times during and after the term of this agreement, indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all losses, damages, costs or expenses and other liabilities (including legal fees) incurred by, awarded against or agreed to be paid by us arising from any claim of infringement or alleged infringement (including the defence of such infringement or alleged infringement) of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of your use of our site (including any advertising on our site or Articles you submit to our site).
- You agree and acknowledge that we retain full editorial control over all advertisements and listings submitted by you to our site and that we will own all intellectual property rights in relation to such advertisements and listings (other than in relation to your branding and other intellectual property rights that are owned by you prior to you submitting such advertisements and listings).
- We reserve the right to change the format, style and layout of our site and any advertisement, listing or Article submitted by you as we see fit.
- You must not reproduce in any format (including on another website) any part of our site (including content, designs, look and feel) without our prior written consent
- Laurel Leaf Networking reserves the right to carry out photography and video recording at their events for publicity purposes and to reproduce images and footage on our website, social media channels or for any promotions. By purchasing an event ticket, you agree that Laurel Leaf Networking and any party authorised by Laurel Leaf Networking may use such images in perpetuity and in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials is owned by Laurel Leaf Networking.
- You warrant that where you are an individual you are at least 18 years of age and where you are a company or other similar entity, that you are a bona fide legal entity duly formed in accordance with all applicable law and regulations and have full capacity and authority to enter into the agreement between us.
- You warrant that all information that you have provided us with or have submitted to our site is true and accurate and not misleading in any way.
- You warrant that in using our site you will comply at all times with all applicable law and regulations and advertising codes of conduct.
- You warrant that any website owned or controlled by you that is listed on our site is free from illegal, defamatory or tortuous content.
14. Limitation of liability
- Other than liability for us causing death or personal injury to any person or for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us, we exclude all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you resulting from your use of our site (including all consequential loss or damage howsoever caused and whether this was in the reasonable contemplation of us or not).
- In the event that we are found liable to you for any loss or damage, this liability shall be limited to the amount that you have paid for your current membership and any current Additional Services. In the event that any court of competent jurisdiction does not allow such limitation on liability and awards damages against us in excess of the amount that you have paid for your current membership and any current Additional Services, you agree to release us from all damages and liability in excess of this amount.
- You specifically agree and acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, for offence caused or for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content uploaded to our site by a third party or for the infringement of any of your rights (including intellectual property rights) arising from the conduct of a third party.
- You agree and acknowledge that we have no liability for our site not being available at any time nor any liability for the deletion, corruption or failure to store any materials or content maintained or transmitted on or through our site.
- Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of Laurel Leaf Networking. This website may only be used for lawful purposes. You cannot use the website:
- For any unlawful purpose;
- To promote any illegal activity, violence and sexually explicit material
- To promote any form of discrimination
- To harm, threaten, defame abuse or harass another person
- In a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable
- As a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- To tamper with, update or change any part of the website, other than your own records;
- In a way that affects how the directory is run;
- In a manner that causes an unreasonably large burden on the websites technical infrastructure as determined by us; or using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
- We shall have no liability for any advice, views, recommendations, advertisements and any other form of content provided by other users of our site or third parties.
- Where we provide any content on the site that contains advice, views or recommendations, this is done on a generic basis without considering individual circumstances and hence we shall have no liability for any such content.
- We have not verified or performed any checks on registered users or other users of the site who may contact you and we therefore disclaim all liability in relation to the actions of registered users, other users and any other third parties in relation to our site. You should of course take all necessary precautions regarding your safety when corresponding with or meeting with registered users, other users or other third parties.
- Laurel Leaf Networking is not responsible for the information provided by its experts. Laurel Leaf Networking does not accept any liability to any person in relation to any advice provided by its experts on this website or otherwise, whether originated by members or otherwise. It is a condition of your use of this service and the content contained within that you agree that you will not make any claim against Laurel Leaf Networking or any of its personnel in respect of any advice provided by its experts.
- The Laurel Leaf Networking Member Recommendation Badge is provided to businesses who receive 10 or more recommendations on their profile page from bona fide satisfied customers. The Member Recommendation Badge is not an endorsement of the registered user listed. Laurel Leaf Networking disclaim all liability in relation to the actions of registered users awarded the Member Recommendation Badge. You should of course take all necessary precautions regarding your safety when corresponding with or meeting with registered users, other users or other third parties.
- You hereby agree to, at all times during and after the term of this agreement, indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all losses, damages, costs or expenses and other liabilities (including legal fees) incurred by, awarded against or agreed to be paid by us arising from your breach of any of these terms and conditions.
16. Force majeure
- We shall not be in breach of this agreement, nor liable for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations under this agreement, arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control.
17. Default Interest rate
- If you fail to pay any amount payable under this agreement, we may charge you interest on the overdue amount. You shall pay the interest immediately on demand, from the due date up to the date of actual payment, after as well as before judgment, at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate for the time being of Santander. Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis and be compounded quarterly.
- If any provision of this agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force unless, in our reasonable opinion, the purpose of this agreement is frustrated as a result.
- We may vary these terms and conditions at any time. The latest version of these terms and conditions shall be as posted on our site. Your continued use of our site constitutes your acceptance of any new or updated or amended terms and conditions.
- No failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy.
- This agreement is personal to you and you may not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, sub-contract, delegate or deal in any other manner with this agreement. We may assign this agreement at our discretion and without providing you with notice.
22. Entire Agreement
23. Third party rights
- A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
24. Governing law and jurisdiction
- This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non- contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
25. General Public
- Any dealings you make with Directory Advertisers, Companies or any entity whatsoever found through this Directory are solely between you and the said Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
26. Recommendation of a business
- You agree that your recommendation of a business on this site will not:
- Be defamatory of any person; obscene; offensive; hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person. Your recommendation should be of the business not the individuals involved.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.